Saturday, October 26, 2013

Killing Frost

The week before Halloween this year. They seem to be getting earlier and earlier. I planted some spinach last week in the hopes of having some green  veg over the winter. I even improvised a cold bed for them. I have a bunch of pics from this very unproductive season. I think it's time to let the main bed go fallow next season. Or at the very least just plant beans. Going to try my biochar as well. Hmmm, guess I need to buy the pieces for the kiln. Ok let's see if I can put up some pics.

 Baby green peppers. Everything was dwarfed this year.

Tiny, but tasty corn. After replanting from a hail storm in July.

Dragon chillies. HOT!!!!! I have no problem growing anything spicy.

Beans drying nicely on my twine trellis.

The only pumpkin that made it. All of my other 8 vines died. This one is in my window now, still green.

Volunteer cherry tomatoes. They were still growing until this morning.

The ones I did plant. The Wife and the Littlest Giant loved them.

Regular yet dwarf tomatoes. Apparently they tasted good too.

I had dozens of sunflowers. This one is drying on the porch so I don't have to buy new seeds.

So that's pretty much it for this season. Pretty disappointing as I got none of the potatoes I planted. Only 1 pumpkin. Oh but I did get a bunch of watermelon but they were really tasteless. Might just buy a sweet one and replant the seeds. 

Hopefully I can get some pics up of the cold bed I am making. But who knows. ;)

No comments: